Dairy Farm is a leading pan-Asian retailer. At 31st December 2019, the Group and its associates and joint ventures operated over 10,000 outlets and employed some 230,000 people. The Group had total annual sales in 2019 exceeding US$27 billion. The Group operates grocery retail, convenience stores, health and beauty stores, home furnishings stores and other retailing under well-known brands including Wellcome, Mannings, 7-Eleven, and IKEA. With such a broad offering and wide geographic reach, we welcome applications from candidates with a passion for retail, and a pioneering spirit to join our expanding team. Dairy Farm is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.
Assistant Commercial Finance Manager
Your responsibility will be driving business performance conversations through their delivery of appropriate reporting and commentary which will influence the larger Dairy Farm Finance team in proving insightful analyst to their stakeholders.
Your will be required to have strong financial discipline, build a strong business partnership relationship with the commercial leaders in Asia, becoming a trusted and valued member of their teams.
In addition, you will identify and drive opportunities for innovative analysis on merchandise and category trends / emerging issues in Asia to support Commercial Finance & Strategy projects.
- Shape the role of financial business partnership in Asia, working closely with senior commercial leadership team to lead and develop the annual budget and re-forecasts including commentary for regular business review
- Lead and support development the financial strategy needed to support category and business objectives
- Provide complete, accurate and timely management reporting and business insights to senior management
- Lead the budget and forecasting process including planning, budgeting and forecasting of sales, margins and working capital
- Provide enhanced commercial reporting and insights of key KPIs, including deep dive root cause analysis, identify cost savings opportunities
- Provide analytical support to other functions as requested
- Support financial and strategic projects as requested
- Supervise business cases for any new business initiatives
- Lead and initiate enhancements to reporting and insight generation
- Bachelor degree in Finance or other related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of relevant commercial finance experience working with complex organisations, turnaround, face paced environment, preferably within supermarket retail, big4 and strategy consulting
- A CA/CPA/CIMA/CFA qualification
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- Proven experience in structured problem solving with the ability to identify financial opportunities / issues and implement continuous improvement
- Strong management and influencing skills
- Ability to review processes to understand impacts on financial outcomes and make recommendations for improvement
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- Exceptional in engaging, collaborating and influencing both financial and non-financial stakeholders such as Commercial / Merchandising / Buying, Supply Chain, Operations functions
- Strong culture awareness in Asia, a good command of English and Asian language (verbal and written)
- Strong strategy and project management experience, including project planning, scheduling and accountability management
- Ability to facilitate and orchestrate complex discussions, engage participants in collaborative, drive meetings forward whiles effectively handling conflicting opinions
- A “gravitas” so as to hold the business to account in delivery its performance objectives
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data collected will be kept and handled
confidentially by authorised personnel for recruitment purposes only. We will retain the
applications of candidates not selected for a period of no more than 24 months. A copy of our