DFI Retail Group (the ‘Group’) is a leading pan-Asian retailer. At 31st December 2021, the Group and its associates and joint ventures operated over 10,200 outlets and employed some 230,000 people. The Group had total annual sales in 2021 exceeding US$27 billion.
The Group provides quality and value to Asian consumers by offering leading brands, a compelling retail experience and great service; all delivered through a strong store network supported by efficient supply chains.
The Group (including associates and joint ventures) operates under a number of well-known brands across food, health and beauty, home furnishings, restaurants and other retailing.
The Group’s parent company, Dairy Farm International Holdings Limited, is incorporated in Bermuda and has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange, with secondary listings in Bermuda and Singapore. The Group's businesses are managed from Hong Kong by Dairy Farm Management Services Limited through its regional offices.
DFI Retail Group is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.
Commercial Finance Manager
Your responsibility will be driving business performance conversations through their delivery of appropriate reporting and commentary which will influence the larger Dairy Farm Finance team in proving insightful analyst to their stakeholders.
Your will be required to have strong financial discipline, build a strong business partnership relationship with the commercial leaders in Asia, becoming a trusted and valued member of their teams.
In addition, you will identify and drive opportunities for innovative analysis on merchandise and category trends / emerging issues in Asia to support Commercial Finance & Strategy projects.
Is this your next challenge in financial analysis?
- Shape the role of financial business partnership in Asia, working closely with senior commercial leadership team to lead and develop the annual budget and re-forecasts including commentary for regular business review
- Lead and support development the financial strategy needed to support category and business objectives
- Provide complete, accurate and timely management reporting and business insights to senior management
- Lead the budget and forecasting process including planning, budgeting and forecasting of sales, margins and working capital
- Responsible for providing enhanced commercial reporting and insights of key KPIs, including deep dive root cause analysis, identify cost savings opportunities
- Provide analytical support to other functions as requested
- Support financial and strategic projects as requested
- Supervise business cases for any new business initiatives
- Lead and initiate enhancements to reporting and insight generation
Do you have experience in Finance and Accounting?
- A CA/CPA/CIMA/CFA qualification
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- 7+ years of relevant commercial finance experience working with complex organisations, turnaround, face paced environment, preferably within supermarket retail, consumer business, big4 accounting or management consulting
- Proven experience in structured problem solving with the ability to identify financial opportunities / issues and implement continuous improvement
- Strong management and influencing skills
- The ability to review processes to understand impacts on financial outcomes and make recommendations for improvement
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- Exceptional in engaging, collaborating and influencing both financial and non-financial stakeholders such as Commercial / Merchandising / Buying, Supply Chain, Operations functions
- Strong culture awareness in Asia, a good command of English and Asian language (verbal and written)
- Strong strategy and project manage experience, including project planning, scheduling and accountability management
- Ability to facilitate and orchestrate complex discussions, engage participants in collaborative, drive meetings forward whiles effectively handling conflicting opinions
- A “gravitas” so as to hold the business to account in delivery its performance objectives
If you have the right skills and experience, this is an opportunity to build your career with Pan Asia’s leading retailer.