DFI Retail Group (“Group”) is a leading pan-Asian retailer. At 30th June 2021, the Group and its associates and joint ventures operated over 10,000 outlets and employed some 230,000 team members. The Group had total annual sales in 2020 exceeding US$28 billion.
The Group provides quality and value to Asian consumers by offering leading brands, a compelling retail experience and great service; all delivered through a strong store network supported by efficient supply chains.
The Group (including associates and joint ventures) operates under a number of well-known brands across food, health and beauty, home furnishings, restaurants and other retailing.
The Group’s parent company, Dairy Farm International Holdings Limited, is incorporated in Bermuda and has a standard listing on the London Stock Exchange, with secondary listings in Bermuda and Singapore. The Group's businesses are managed from Hong Kong by Dairy Farm Management Services Limited through its regional offices.
DFI Retail Group is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.
Project Manager (Retail - Construction team)
This role will lead multi-disciplined projects team, with direct accountability for overall project delivery. The ideal candidate should have a background in architecture, engineering, construction management and considerable experience in retail store construction.
- Oversee and manage retail store construction projects, be responsible for managing budgets, schedule, procurement, quality and risk for individual store developments (new/refits/refresh) projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout. The individual should:
- Demonstrate capability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting store development projects, including but not limited to work letters, project charters, presentations, surveys and drawings.
- Interface directly with key stakeholders and project peers (Operations / Design / Marketing / Engineering / Cost Management) to help define project requirements, prepare the scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate/ budget, work plan schedule and milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identify external project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard to complex request for proposals; completes bid analysis; leads evaluation interviews, recommends resources to the Construction Director.
- Work across function to value engineer schemes and deliver year on year build cost reductions, without impacting the customer experience or impairing operational team members.
- Lead the delivery of store development, using best practice to provide project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implement effective communication plans for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep stakeholders and line management informed of key project/programme updates
- Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Track progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implement change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure business and line management approvals, and issue change orders. Assess change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or a related field
- Minimum 8 years of store development experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks
- Demonstrated knowledge of projects and project management within the context of business results
- Not essential, but advantageous, Project Management Professional (PMP) [certified by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) would be desirable.]
- Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with top management, and stakeholder groups to take desired action
- Ability to forecast and prepare budgets
- Has a proven record or working with Design, Engineering and Cost Management functions to deliver outstanding stores
- Expert knowledge of building standard/regulatory standards and an understanding of store licensing requirements is essential
DFI Retail Group is responsible for ensuring that all personal information collected from each Candidate presented to DFI Retail Group is used for recruitment purposes only and the data collection process is in accordance with all applicable laws and compliant with the Code of Practice on Human Resource Management.
To find out more about Our Businesses and Our People, please visit our website: www.DFIretailgroup.com
Issued by The Dairy Farm Company, Limited
Apply now Refer to a friend Back to search results