DFI Retail Group (“Group”) is a leading pan-Asian retailer. At 30th June 2021, the Group and its associates and joint ventures operated over 10,000 outlets and employed some 230,000 team members. The Group had total annual sales in 2020 exceeding US$28 billion.
The Group provides quality and value to Asian consumers by offering leading brands, a compelling retail experience and great service; all delivered through a strong store network supported by efficient supply chains.
The Group (including associates and joint ventures) operates under a number of well-known brands across food, health and beauty, home furnishings, restaurants and other retailing.
The Group’s parent company, Dairy Farm International Holdings Limited, is incorporated in Bermuda and has a standard listing on the London Stock Exchange, with secondary listings in Bermuda and Singapore. The Group's businesses are managed from Hong Kong by Dairy Farm Management Services Limited through its regional offices.
DFI Retail Group is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.
Business Process Transformation Specialist - Commerical
Do you have the passion for Commercial and digital transformation?
We are seeking a Business Process Transformation Specialist – Commercial (Buy) to assist defining one consistent business process across all our commercial related functions through one operating model known as the “DFI Way.” This is essential for the execution of our digital retail spine and O2O projects based in Hong Kong including Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We are in the early stages of a 5-year program to deliver new retail technologies in every one of our 10,000+ stores, 42+ distribution centres and 15+ offices across Asia to enable real time O2O e-commerce with our customers. We have multiple countries to be migrated where we need consistent business processes across all the markets, we operate in.
- Responsible for contributing to the “DFI Way” process operating model for commercial related processes. The Business Process Transformation Specialist – Commercial will serve as a key member of the team for process building and implementation across commercial functions. This position will have frequent direct exposure to the business process owners and subject matter experts across buy (commercial), move (supply chain), sell (retail stores), O2O (e-commerce) and finance.
- Evaluate existing processes to determine best practice across our businesses to achieve operational excellence through business process improvement and sustainable change across our markets.
- Design and execute a common effective commercial process e.g., vendor rebate management.
- Perform the “As-Is” and “To-Be” analysis, including fact finding, needs analysis, gap analysis, impact analysis/assessments, process mapping, etc.
- Define and implement the one “DFI Way” operating model working closely with our businesses.
- Prepare necessary business documents to assist the communication transparently and smoothly, including business requirement document, process mapping document, etc.
- Streamline commercial processes across promotion management, range reviews, common buy, moving average price, planograms, master data, merchandise hierarchies, rebate management etc.
- Develop strong working relationships across key business stakeholders and peers to shape requirements, making clear the options available.
- Collaborate with internal business, IT, program teams, joint venture partners and third-party vendors to develop a shared understanding of what needs to be delivered and working through challenges.
- Understands commercial retail master data requirements and reporting needs.
- Creative and willing to drive change.
- Able to work in fast changing working environment.
- Willing to travel and work in different working environments across multiple markets.
- Commercial experience in supplier management, trading terms, rebates, inventory cost, differing units of measure, range review, planograms, indent management, article status, merchandise master data.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working at head office in a sizable company within the retail industry, with a key role in commercial business plan and execution in store.
- Understanding Lean Six Sigma is an advantage.
- Strong business and/or systems analysis experience including business process mapping, defining requirements/user stories, solution design and implementation.
- Familiar with managing external vendors and able to communicate with users across all levels.
- Good command of written and spoken English, Cantonese and Putonghua/Mandarin speaking and writing ability is an advantage.